1911Forum banner

Belleville Boots, Quality?

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ctdl92 
#1 ·
Any of you have any experience with the Belleville brand boots? I've read as much as I could from the other forums, etc. about them. But I'd like to hear from someone who's at least 'walked a mile' in them. I'm needing to replace my worn out Magnum Hi-Tecs and looking for a decent, inexpensive boot.

I like the price of them and their past history of providing boots to the military since the 'Big One'. If you've worn them in the past, would you buy another pair?
Thanks,
Clarence

#3 ·
Bellville Boots

My older brother has a pair and says they're pretty good...I don't think quite Danners but definitely better than Magnums...Good Luck!
Bill

#4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies; however, how was the fit? I remember reading another member's post that the 790s were too wide for his feet. My feet are narrow, hence the question.
Thanks

#5 ·
I wear an "E" width and my pair is marked Wide and they fit perfect. I'd say they run pretty true to size.

#6 ·
I had belleville boots issued to me in Afghanistan. I have narow feet and I personally did not like them. They were heavier than the danners and never broke in properly for me. I wear the danner "Acadia" and really like them because they also come in a B width. I will say there were quite a few guys that liked the belleville's though.

#7 ·
No exp. but with boots,unless they say ''Made in USA'' I don't give them much thought.I've been wearing Carolina Para-Trooper with steel toe for about 2 1/2 years.I say wear,I mean WEAR.Every day except winter and have held up very well.The problem is they took 6 months to break in! :mad: But it was worth it! :)

#8 ·
Do yourself a favor and get a pair of Danner Fort Lewis and be done with it. After all, your feet are the most abused part of your body and you gotta take care of them... Sure, there a few bucks but there's nothing like em. Some shops will give you a LEO discount if you inquire and have the proper I.D. They feel like you've been wearing them for years right out of the box. Best boots I've ever owned. I wear them both summer and winter. :cool:

#9 ·
I have a pair of all leather Bellevilles that I've had for at least 4 years, not sure that they still make this model, and have had nothing but great experience. I don't feel that they are heavy at all and they broke in quite easily. Never leaked once, weren't particularly warm, but I didn't buy the insulated version. I bought a pair of Mtterhorns that I wear now but still have my others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.