1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GSG 1911 - Christopher from ATI on 1911 Forum

409K views 1K replies 298 participants last post by  C Squared 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm Christopher from American Tactical Imports. I am the import manager for ATI here in Rochester, NY. For a while now I have been active on AR15.com but now that ATI handles both the GSG .22LR 1911 & The .45cal FX 1911 series out of the Philippines, I figured I'd go to where the experts are for the particular design and I see stuff about our guns all over the place.

So you have it, here's some general info from ATI

If you need to contact us for warranty service or repair/replacement parts for any ATI imported firearms, please email techservice@americantactical.us or call us at 1-800-290-0065.

ATI is by no means a large company. We have 3 gunsmiths who fix guns and two people (myself included) who field service emails and calls, so sometimes it gets pretty hectic here. If you have trouble getting through or have an email that doesn't get replied to in a few days, please keep trying because we will get to you if we miss you somehow initially.

The GSG 1911 and FX 1911 series are the first 1911 style guns we've dealt with, so we're definately interested in all of your feedback.

I look forward to participating on here, hope you all don't beat me up too much and we'll take 'em as they come.

Thanks!

See less See more
#771 ·
Any advice on the best way to keep my slide looking good? The normal wear marks from the slide cycling and the slide stop have worn off the factory paint and it is showing the bare metal. I like my guns looking good and am wondering if just touch up paint or some other approach is best?

#775 ·
Gsg1911 .22

I just picked up a used gsg and so far have been very happy with my purchase. A few fte's and ftf's but that was using standard velocity rounds to see how it handled them. And I got my questions answered. Loves the mini mag round target load. I have noticed that the guide rod is getting chewed up pretty nicely. I ordered a replacement guide rod and spring from a guy named Chet whistle. I'll be testing it out and I'll let everyone know how it works out. $26 bucks shipped.
But overall I'm happy with the gun. Picked it up for 275 with 3 mags. None of the other effects it was supposed to come with but I called and told them my story and even though it's used they still said they'd send oh all that stuff. That being said I received it a few days later and low and behold I get all the extras for their rifle the 522. One more phone call and my extra sights Allen wrench and manual are on the way. But for the money I paid for the gun what's a few fte's and ftf's on a plinking toy. One happy guy

#777 ·
I just picked up a used gsg and so far have been very happy with my purchase. A few fte's and ftf's but that was using standard velocity rounds to see how it handled them. And I got my questions answered. Loves the mini mag round target load. I have noticed that the guide rod is getting chewed up pretty nicely. I ordered a replacement guide rod and spring from a guy named Chet whistle. I'll be testing it out and I'll let everyone know how it works out. $26 bucks shipped.
But overall I'm happy with the gun. Picked it up for 275 with 3 mags. None of the other effects it was supposed to come with but I called and told them my story and even though it's used they still said they'd send oh all that stuff. That being said I received it a few days later and low and behold I get all the extras for their rifle the 522. One more phone call and my extra sights Allen wrench and manual are on the way. But for the money I paid for the gun what's a few fte's and ftf's on a plinking toy. One happy guy

I never fired my GSG 1911 with the stock guide rod...I ordered a CWA guide rod spring combo and was at my house in 72 hours...

Never had a FTF or FTE with Mini Mags...

#776 · (Edited)
Nice buy hope u injoy it it as much as I injoy mine sorry to hear ur getting ftf's and fte's, got mine new never had and problems with hv ammo had a few with sv ammo till I took some of the paint off the rails and reduced and rounded off the disconnecter button the steel button next to the ejector in front of the hammer on the lower frame, just done 600 sv and about 300 mini mag with out cleaning. But the easiest way is to manually cycle the slide like just sit in front of the tv and cycle the slide back and forward under control don't release the slide and just strip and clean, reoil before u shoot it Happy shooting.

#778 ·
'Just picked one up... GSG 1911

'Mine arrived yesterday evening + 3 add'l. mags and a Tactical Innovations
thread adapter.. I'll be cleaning it and putting it through it's paces
w/ my 'Lil YHM "Mite" suppressor in days to follow.. It seems pretty
nice (Initially seems like a $300 1911, so don't expect anything more
than that..!! Lol.!) at 1st glance and I am looking forward to it.!
I am replacing a Walther P-22 as my suppressor host, so I hope this
gun is as good as that was. I already know that the GSG is supposed
to be quieter than the 'Lil Walther.

#779 ·
Since this is the most active GSG thread right now, I'll ask this here. Where are you guys getting the plastic buffers? I don't see them on the ATI website, and the original black rubber one that came with the gun is now toast. Thanks.

#780 ·
Problems

I went to the range yesterday with my new GSG 1911 .22. I had field stripped it and cleaned and lubed it. I got it sighted in after replacing the front sight. However, the trigger is very gritty and hard. Have any of you
had this problem, and have you been able to fix it?

#783 ·
Got one in on Wed...

I will be emailing ATI about ALL the tools, front sight blades and other UNK
items that are missing from the box.. 'Came in from Davidson's G of G.

I've done a trigger job, put on real sights; Front is a G'smith's blank cut to fit & rear is a Heinie Slant Pro at the moment..
The MSH is now a flat serrated and grips are Ahrend's Skip Checkered Rosewoods.

I installed a Tact. Innov. 1/2x28 adapter and she works excellently w/ a YHM "Mite" suppressor and any kind of good quality
ammo including sub-sonic's while the can is installed..

I'll put up pics at some point.. ;)

#785 ·
Has anyone taken the "Beech Bolt" :hrm: out of the slide. It's labeled that on the GSG-1911 spare part list I downloaded from GSG. I think they mean "Breech Bolt". Either way it is the part that hold the firing pin in the slide. It appears to be held in by a pin that transverses the slide. On my gun it doesn't seem like that pin will come out cleanly. It looks like there are ridges on the pin biting into the slide.

I want to take the firing pin out to inspect and clean it. I am getting a failure to fire problem.

#786 ·
'Haven't gotten into there on mine yet..
It looks like it might be a tapered pin and have to go out in one
direction only? At a stab I would say pushed out from the "Flattest" end of the pin and returned in the opposite.

I think I'd be more likely to call ATI and ask 1st before doing it though...
Let us know if you should do so, this is good info. ;)

#800 ·
you can try a stronger tension spring on the slide stop pin or a different slide stop one with a angled face towards the tension pin but not all aftermarket slide stops will fit the gsg? u can ring ati and ask for upgrade slide stop?. mine did ping the slide a lot till about 2k rds the slot groove ding hasn't changed in size.

#794 ·
FTF and FTE after 1000 rds

Got my GSG1911 2 weeks ago and after 1000+ rounds , it will fire only ever other
round ...seems like the firing pin is real weak and barely strike the rim.
actually got worse after I cleaned it...
Any pointers on what to look for?
Thanks in advance...PT

#795 ·
Got my GSG1911 2 weeks ago and after 1000+ rounds , it will fire only ever other
round ...seems like the firing pin is real weak and barely strike the rim.
actually got worse after I cleaned it...
Any pointers on what to look for?
Thanks in advance...PT
What ammo are you using? I have a similar problem. Higher velocity ammo is better, much better is higher energy ammo. CCI Stinger works well. And Remington Viper with the truncated cone is better.

#799 ·
I pulled the flat spring housing and grip safety to inspect everything... looked to be in order, nothing obviously wrong. I should have removed the Mag safety while I was in there...Will try shooting round nose ammo tomorrow and it still has problems, I'll call ATI on monday and send it in to be checked.PT

#805 ·
Now it works...

could not let this get the best of me...took it apart one more time and found sear spring out of position on the left side of sear...Had to wear my head set magnifier to see it...now the hammer locks up as it should...back to the range tomorrow to try it alonng with the round nose ammo...This is actually my Wifes gun to learn on so it has to be right(it had better ...she paid for it!)She went and bought a Bersa 380 so she still has something to shoot...
PT

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.