1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GSG 1911 - Christopher from ATI on 1911 Forum

409K views 1K replies 298 participants last post by  C Squared 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm Christopher from American Tactical Imports. I am the import manager for ATI here in Rochester, NY. For a while now I have been active on AR15.com but now that ATI handles both the GSG .22LR 1911 & The .45cal FX 1911 series out of the Philippines, I figured I'd go to where the experts are for the particular design and I see stuff about our guns all over the place.

So you have it, here's some general info from ATI

If you need to contact us for warranty service or repair/replacement parts for any ATI imported firearms, please email techservice@americantactical.us or call us at 1-800-290-0065.

ATI is by no means a large company. We have 3 gunsmiths who fix guns and two people (myself included) who field service emails and calls, so sometimes it gets pretty hectic here. If you have trouble getting through or have an email that doesn't get replied to in a few days, please keep trying because we will get to you if we miss you somehow initially.

The GSG 1911 and FX 1911 series are the first 1911 style guns we've dealt with, so we're definately interested in all of your feedback.

I look forward to participating on here, hope you all don't beat me up too much and we'll take 'em as they come.

Thanks!

See less See more
#730 ·
I took my gsg 1911 today and after 20rds i felt a blast from the rear sight when i check the gun i found out that the slide crak a good 3inch from the edge going front.. Its nasty. If any one of you guys have any problem with your gsg kindly share it, i call ati and i need to send it. Hope they will fix this issue. Thankz guys

#735 ·
Hello ATI Christopher, got my FX Titan a week ago have put 350 rounds down range, i have had many problems such as won't chamber or chambers but stop 1/4 of an inch shy and i have to eject the round if i can't push it the rest of the way foreword. I enjoy shooting it is what i do to relax, i have fired many guns in the last year or two, i understand a brand new pisol is going to be tight and it will take a few rounds to loosin it up but 350 rounds later it is still the same, now i bring all my guns home and clean them right after the range as i did with my FX Titan on thursday march 8th, got it all put back together did my functions check made sure it was safe and all oiled in the places it needed to be as i slid the slide back to load it, as this is my primary ccw, guess what happen? the hammer broke write off i couldn't beleive it and neither could my dealer he tried getting ahold of ATI and got so mad that nobody would talk to him as he was on hold for 30 min or longer, that he pulled the other FX Titan off his shelf. all my Titan is right now is a piece of metal becuse i can't fire it, so i had to go back to my Taurus PT 24/7 Pro, i enjoy shooting the 1911 body style and this is the first one i have ever owned myself that didn't belong to a friend. I am thinking really about going to Glock if i am going to have this much trouble everytime i get a 1911. Any way though i would let people know to inspect those hammers close.

#736 ·
I got out to the range today. Very cool gun. I shot off about 200 rounds, but had several stovepipes and a few feeding issues. I believe the feeding problems were related to the angle the rounds were in the magazine. The magazine allows too much play in the angle of the round, though it may be my fault some how. I need to play with it more.

Has anyone had issues or played with hollow points in this? I only used round nose, both jacketed and not. I was shooting a mix of federal bulk from Walmart and Remington Thunderbolts.

#742 ·
2,000 rounds through each of two new GSG191122

Got two (sequnential serial number) GSG-1911's last friday and between my three ladies they have put 2,000 rounds through each pistol.

Out of the box they were both "sticky" and had several failure to feed/chamber. After a thorough cleaning they both have fed everything with only 3 feed/eject issues.

I will be ordering a ATI FX45MIL based upon this positive experince.

#743 ·
I have had my GSG 1911-22 since last May and have around 1500 rds thru it.

And I learned along time ago, when you buy any type of Gun, first thing you do is Clean It and Inspect it Befoer you head to the range.........

Because most of them have some type of Lub. to keep it from rusting etc.......

The GSG 1911-22 has alot of lube thru the whole thing..............

Clyde

#744 ·
I purchased my GSG 1911-22lr in early February and have put over 3000 rounds through it. Didn't like the stock sights (stripped the set screw in the rear plastic site) so replaced front with a dovetail red fiber optic sight, and the rear with a novak fully adjustable sight. Also replaced the stock grips with a "snazy" set of birch burl grips just to make it feel like mine. Besides the occasional FTF or FTE I have nothing but good things to say about this gun. Loads of fun !

#745 ·
I've had mine for about 2 weeks and finally got to shoot it. Before I hit the range, I did throughly clean the grease of the rails, slide, guide rod, everything. I ran 2 boxes of cci mini mags, then the rest was cci blazer, and a few winchester super-x bulk. only problems I had was with the super-x, failed to feed, eject, and fire. Other than that great pistol.

#750 ·
Not happy with my GSG 1ST time out the rear site becomes loose and can't be tightened, I wait 2 weeks for a rear sight . 2nd Time out (300 rds) the guide rod broke... I called and waited almost 40 mins to speak to someone, Then when I do the parts on BO so I wait 3 + more weeks and recieve the spring but no guide rod at this point im not sure if they got there stuff together I just want the parts !Waiting now for 2 days with no response from them. If I wanted bad service I would have bought a Taurus

#755 ·
Nice
I got one made my self out of s/s but I got the shaft 1 thou wider which fills the guide rod plug better and reduces the plug wobble, which seams to me makes the cycling smother and more uniform with the factory rod it seam to have a different cycling action from shot to shot now it seam the be uniform so i can get back on target quicker when I shoot issf matches well that's what it feels like to me.
Happy shooting guys

#756 ·
just ordered a gsg 1911 and with the help from others posting just ordered the spare parts needed to ensure a reliable firearm. and got an extra slide to boot. the parts are
1.new bushing midway
2. 3 firing pins from ati
3.mag followers
4.1911 parts kit from ati
5 new slide ati
6.new guide rod cw accessories and mag bases
so for now that should hold me , until i get the need to do some more upgradeing, saftey,grips, sights etc.

#762 ·
Has anyone put a Compensator on UP-SIDE DOWN (gas thrust downward) my reason for asking will it give the 22 a "Kick" similar to 1911 big cousin?
Hmm I understand what u mean but most comp are threaded and to face it down it would be loose and can swing around u would have to get one made to suit, and as most 1911 .22 are fixed barrel the barrel would be forced up against its locking pins which isn't good for it. I have found cci mini mags ammo is close to my 9mm 1911? If want something close to a .45 ull have to look at something in a .22 magnum.

#763 ·
Thread pitch..

'Sorry all... I didn't find this tidbit, so...
Are all the GSG-1911's threaded and what thread pitch
are they?; I need a new .22LR suppressor host and have
adapters for a SIG Mosquito and a Walther P-22...

Are they reliable w/ a suppressor? I have a YHM Mite.

Thanks allot,

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.