1911Forum banner

First Revolver

3K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  Oldsalt65 
#1 ·
Been looking at revolvers lately and thinking that I should consider picking one up. 2 weeks ago while looking through the cases at my LGS, I saw an interesting piece down on the bottom shelf, off in a dark corner. After handling & looking this gun over, I laid down some cash. After my 10 day wait, I brought it home, and gave it a good cleaning (looks even better now). I've now claned it 3 times and shot it twice (50 rounds of WWB .38 130gr. & 50 rounds of WWB .38 150gr.). After adjusting to a 6 o'clock sight picture, the gun is very accurate, and has a very smooth DA & a sweeeet SA trigger. I could not be happier with my purchase. :D

S&W .357 686-4

See less See more
#2 ·
1st Revolver

What a great choice for your 1st. Enjoy;)

BTW, beautiful.

#9 ·
Thanks...I am enjoying the gun..Very smooth shooter!

I had been looking at revolvers for awhile and a pre-lock 686 was at the top of the list. I feel very lucky that I just happened to stumble across this one.

When I went to pick it up after my 10-day wait. The guy I usually deal with saw me come through the door and sent another employee into the back, to bring it out. While carrying it out, he realized that it had been sold, and started whinning.

#13 ·
Nice find!

Grabagun had some 686's for sale recently. I'm really, really tempted:

http://www.slickguns.com/product/sm...-6-7rds-stainless-finish-64490?a=2093&k=other

I almost bought a 686 when I was in college, but I ended up going with a Ruger GP100. That was a nice gun on its own, but something tells me that I might have kept the 686 if I had gotten it. The guy selling it wanted too much at the time (for my budget).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.