1911Forum banner

Hello from New York

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Socomm 
#1 ·
I have had a pistol license since 1974 and sold my last 1911 in 1996 when I replaced it with a S&W Performance Center Shorty 45. I decided to add a new 1911 to my collection and found this site invaluable in helping me decide which one.

Alan

#2 ·
Welcome aboard, but it's hard to have just one for long ;) So what did you decide on?

#3 ·
Welcome from an ex-upstater. Born raised in albany, transferred to south as young adult and been here forever since. They call us "damn Yankees" cause once we got here here we ain't moving back:)

Enjoy the forums. Did you get a 1911 yet? If so pictures are always welcome, if not have fun searching for answers to any questions you may have.

Bluesdog

#4 ·
Ex LI'er here myself. Always had an interest in firearms as a kid & relocated here to the gunshine state in 2004. Being that I was living in NY most of my life the gun hobby really started out when I had made the move. Thats a hell of a long time you have had your pistol license btw & welcome to the forum !

#11 ·
Welcome Bigger Twin, always glad to see people from our state here. I grew up in the Bronx, moved to the Catskills upstate (Mountaindale) with my parents and landed in Rochester after meeting the wife.

I'll bet that STI looks sweet all hard chromed and all, good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.