1911Forum banner

Daddy's little girl!

8K views 53 replies 41 participants last post by  bergoff 
#1 ·
so proud I had to post this up. The little one wanted to help make bullets with me today. I'm so choked up I don't think I could shoot straight...

I'm one step closer to making sure my daughter will never grow up to be a victim.

See less See more
#2 ·
Thats awesome
And quality dad n daughter time is precious to say the least
Looks like shes ready to unload some of them now
Lol
Enjoy every second you get with kids
Great job there dad :)

#3 ·
Fantastic.

How long did it take to "straiten up" your bench, before you could take the pics? :D

#6 ·
Good job Dad! Good to see this kinda stuff. Mine gets home May 25th, she's only eight but always wants to see "what's in the safe, now" and "her" Springfield Loaded, lol. Good times, even more excited to see her now, time together is the BEST! Have a great weekend!

#7 ·
Good for her and I'm glad for you. One small piece of advice, as those look like cast lead bullets. Lead exposure is much more dangerous for kids than it is for adults. Some basic instruction on not touching her mouth or eyes while reloading would be a great idea. Small size vinyl disposable gloves would be even better. It would be terrible for such a nice positive thing to turn into a negative.

I hope you both have many enjoyable hours reloading and shooting.

#8 ·
That's awesome Dad!!!!!! Something she will always remember doing with Dad. Get her some safety glasses. But, not the dorky looking uncomfortable ones, have to be cool, you know :)

#10 · (Edited)
Very cool that you got her into it........but she is not wearing eye protection! You may alao want to reconsider having her touch lead as it is more harmful to kids than to adults.

BTW it looka like she is more precise than I am!

#19 ·
Good job dad!! My son and daughter help me out every once in a while. Their reloading job is to feed the casings in the progressive and then put the bullet on the case for the final stroke of the press. They seem to enjoy it and I enjoy every minute w/ them. They really seem to be interested in it and like to ask questions about reloading and learning about it. However, they enjoy shooting more. My son just turned 10 and my daughter will be 9 in two months.

#20 ·
takes me back to when I was a young'n -. My father told me the night before that we were going to go shoot the next day but we would have to load up a few before we went out. I got up at 530 the next day, on a single stage press and had eight hundred sized and primed before he got up for breakfast... still remember him coming into the reloading room with his coffee, looking at me and saying "are you nuts?"

#26 · (Edited)
And what are all you "latex glove wearers" going to obsess about next if it turns out she has latex sensitivity? :D

And I sure hope she's not reloading those bullets in a basement with all those "radon" particles floating about. :eek:

Or that the jewelry she's wearing doesn't have any lead in it. We know about those Waltons (Wal Mart) and their love of Chinese manufactured merchandise. :rolleyes:

Great Jehoshaphat, she's handling cast lead here, fellas, not plutonium. :mummy:

What a bunch of timid little mouses.

#27 ·
No offense intended, but you sound ignorant of the fact that lead is indeed much more harmful to kids than to adults.

Exposure to lead can have a wide range of effects on a child's development and behavior. Even when exposed to small amounts of lead levels, children may appear inattentive, hyperactive and irritable. Children with greater lead levels may also have problems with learning and reading, delayed growth and hearing loss. At high levels, lead can cause permanent brain damage and even death.

http://www.aacap.org/cs/root/facts_for_families/lead_exposure_in_children_affects_brain_and_behavior

#29 ·
Awesome.

This daddy's little girls are 4 and 5, so it will be a little bit before that happens. However I have recently started teaching them that if they see my weapons out to leave them be and tell mommy or daddy asap. Of course they also like to help daddy when I work on the trucks, a friends bike or just about anything else mechanical. Sometimes they are more help than others, but they try. I have some really cute pics of them under the truck, next to the truck and "washing" the bike I used to have. Have fun with that and I would have to concur about having her use gloves when she loads and washes her hands when done, of course you should to. I know that I do..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.