1911Forum - View Single Post - Romeo 1 vs iron sights
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt191145 View Post
Try ignoring the iron sights all together. Everyone is different, but just focusing on the dot works best for me.

I am not sure if I am any faster at the first shot with a dot, but transitioning from target to target is much faster for me. Accuracy is better also.

Don't give up on it yet, it takes some time to get the hang of it.
How much faster? and on what kind of drills/Targets? Have you actually put a timer to it?

Im asking because on another forum there's a discussion of this very thing. I am a long time 3-gun competitor who's vision is not what it used to be. Irons have been increasingly more of a challenge to see. I worked with an optic sighted 3-gun prepped S&W M&P PC C.O.R.E. for over 6 months getting real familiar with it. I got to the point I thought wow, this things much faster for me. Then I decided to run some drills on the timer and see, compared to an identical gun but with my preferred irons of fiber optic front and plain black rear. I was blown away that I was faster with the irons on every drill. I did have many more A's with the optic, but the speed was just not significant.