1911Forum - View Single Post - New flashlight hold
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloader View Post
Maybe I missed it - what was the "technique"? It seemed that the flashlight was held by the head - or somewhere out of sight and the gun hand extended to make the shot. If so, I think that is called the turret stance, versus the Harries, FBI (maybe generic police), gun mounted light, or Rogers forms.

Or was this simply practicing a technique new to you?
New to me since I primarily use a WML or have the light in my hand already then combine into the Rogers hold. Problem was I was finding that unless the light was already in my left hand I could not consistently get the Rogers to work and that I wasn't entirely happy with the sight lighting situation.

If I have something with a WML it's easy and nothing changes vs a normal draw, if the light is in my hand it's also fine but the sights are harder to use since all that's visible is the outline and maybe the vials. I was trying to figure out something that allows better view of the sights and is consistent every time without a WML since I don't prefer to conceal carry one.
Carry gun:Wilson Carry Comp Custom .45S Pocket carry:on loan Other 1911s:WC Supergrade Accucomp .38, WC BW Opticomp, WC CQB Compact, WC CQB Professional, WC Super Sentinel, WC CQB Elite 9mm, WC EDC X9, WC X9S, Ed Brown SR, NHC Predator II Opticomp, NHC T3 Hardchrome, Kimber Ultra, ATI Tactical, RIA Tactical 10mm, Kimber Ultra Diamond 9mm, Detonics Combat Master MKVI, Colt Centennial .460 Roland