1911Forum - View Single Post - Best shooting equipment for the money?
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwehavinfunyet View Post
I also solved the issue of my Elvex glasses "fogging up." I took my Dremel tool with a metal cutting fiber blade, and cut the wrap around plastic that was trapping my body heat around my orbital sockets....I cut off about 3/4" on each side, and this has helped to eliminate the lenses from fogging on hot and muggy days on the range....
Pretty cool idea.

I solved the problem a little differently, I went to Home Depot and bought some Drawer Bumper Cabinet Door Protectors - I find the smallest ones. I like the the wide flat ones the best. They have pretty effective adhesive. I throw them away after a day of shooting.

If it is extra humid or I am sweating a lot I simply adhere one of the door protectors into the bridge of the glasses. It holds the glasses away from my face just enough to circulate air. I have picked up different sizes (they are very cheap). Bigger ones for worse conditions. I have not been able to tell the difference in visibility as they move the lens from my eye very little from the intended position. It works for me. If you are at a all day match then on me it starts to red mark between the eyes. Me I don’t care. I went to a three day match and my wife asked me “what happened between your eyes”? It was fine a day later.

Last edited by HarryO45; 12-26-2018 at 08:49 AM.