1911Forum banner

What is this?

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Kodadek 
#1 ·
BROWNING/SIG-SAUER 45 AUTO

See less See more
#6 ·
What Jim said, heel mag release, imported from Sig via Browning. Interesting trivia is that Don Johnson carried one in the pilot of Miami Vice.

#9 ·
I've been watching Miami vice reruns on netflix.

In episode 3 his gun is either stainless or a satin metal finish.

I was going to post a picture on here asking what it was.

I noticed in episode 5 or 6 or so, he loads it then lowers the hammer for condition 2.

I also noticed when he has to it over at the jail, the jailer unloads it including the round in the chamber.

Tubbs keeps his finger on the trigger and Crockett keeps his finger out of the guard.

Thanks to this site I notice that stuff now lol.

#18 ·
In the Pilot he carried the Browning BDA which was an imported Sig 220, after that he carried a Duo Tone Bren Ten with a chromed frame and a blued slide. Interestingly enough even though very few Bren Tens were made it might not devalue your gun to give it the same treatment due to the popularity of the show.

After season three he switched to a 645 and later a 4506. I started watching the show because of a short lived interest in the Bren Ten and the legacy of failure behind it. I kept watching it because of all the neat toys and the episode where a hitman pulls of a smooth mozambique drill with a 1911 didn't hurt either.

#12 ·
The name of the first image is "Browning/sig sauer" so it seems an odd question.

#14 ·
Yes that is a Browning BDA which was a fore runner to the Sig P-220. The pistol used by Don Johnson in Miami Vice in the pic provided is a D&D Standard Model Bren Ten with a nickel/chrome plated slide, which was done so the pistol showed up better in filming the show. A original Bren Ten had a Blue slide and SS frame. The Bren came in 2 different calibers 10mm and 45acp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.