1911Forum banner

Metro Arms

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  timf 
#1 ·
$300 isn't much, But I think I got a lot for my money. Reasonably accurate and stone reliable. 1200 rounds no problems. First 200 - 230 FMJ, next 1000 - 200 LSWC over 5.5 grains of Titegroup. It came with two ACT mags and I like those also. SERPA holster just a secure way to carry.

Paul

See less See more
#5 ·
I Dearly Love My American Classic!

If I recall right, mine was right at $320.00 total out the door last October, but oddly enough, yours is a lower serial number than mine. I've yet to have any problem with it, other than a severe lack of ammo these days. My grandson is so enamored of that pistol, I think he'd take it home and sleep with it if he could figure out a way to sneak in out of my house.

I'm sure the high priced 1911's out there that so many believe are the only way to go are fine firearms, but in my opinion, Metro makes a superior quality firearm, and I'm proud to own one. I've got some shooting buddies who called it a total POS, until they ran some rounds down range out of it, they've been looking high and low trying to find one these days.

#6 ·
i have 4 colts a springer a firestorm dlx and a citidal compact 1911 the latter two function and fire as well as the more expensive ones i carry one or the other daily. so dont let people who dont know get too ya, at the risk of being flamed and i qoute "A good 1911 Pistol need not cost a fortune" many belive otherwise but like my dad used too say "lotsa people out there with more money than good sense" lol. Shoot on my friends!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.