1911Forum banner

New Ruger 6720

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Tokarev 
#1 ·
Hello. Pleased to report my new SR 1911 lightweight night watchman CMD, is flawless. Out of the box, a quick disassembly and lube, very nice no machine marks, nice slide to frame fit, and what feels like a very nice trigger. Ran one box of WWB ~ FMJ with absolutely zero problems. Another couple hundred rounds, and hopefully will be my EDC...

#4 ·
I have a couple Ruger 1911s and have been pleased with them. I believe they are as good or better than anything else in their price range.

The 6720 lightweight appeals to me because I've always liked lightweight Commanders and because I don't current have a Ruger aluminum framed 45. The 6720 would seem to have anything a fellow might want in a carry gun with possibly the exception of an ambi safety. Otherwise it looks good to go.

How's your sample been running now a couple years on?

TIA

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

#5 ·
In Ruger Commander land I have three. An all steel one I bought in 2013 on top. Then an all steel Night Watchman in the middle I bought in 2014. On the bottom is a LW one I bought in 2015.

These have all been great. The grips on the one on top I got off shopruger.com and Ruger called them "delta grips". I told myself that if Ruger ever made a 10mm I would have to put them on it and that is where they are now. Eagle wing grips are now on that Commander.

My next Ruger SR1911 will probably be a CMD size in 9mm. Saw one in a LGS over a year ago and it looked nice; better than the picts I had seen on the intergoogle or gun mags.

I do not carry the Rugers as I have a Colt/Talo Clapp Commander I bought in 2013 for that although they would all work for carry.

#6 ·
My next Ruger SR1911 will probably be a CMD size in 9mm. Saw one in a LGS over a year ago and it looked nice; better than the picts I had seen on the intergoogle or gun mags.
Nice looking trio.

I have a 9mm CMD and have been pleased with it. The only complaint might be that the factory bushing is a bit loose internally and externally.

Ruger could do quite a bit more work in the 10mm market. I'd like to see a Commander in 10. Maybe even a CCO...

Edit to add: I guess another complaint with the 9mm is that the slide serrations go the wrong way. They'd provide better traction if they pointed the other direction.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.