1911Forum banner

Well, 6 months later she's finally mine!

6K views 44 replies 30 participants last post by  westwood45 
#1 ·
Thank you to Wilson Combat and George at GS. My first 1911 purchase and love my choice. Just wanted to share with you all and thank you for the great resources on this forum.
Picked it up toady and put 350 rounds through it without a hitch

Notice the brass marks on the last pic. :(

Sorry for the poor cellphone pics. Not known for my photo skills.

See less See more
#30 ·
Atlas, great looking gun. Almost identical to what I am dreaming of!!!

I too would like a pic of the front bushing area, very interested to see how the flat spring looks with the bushing.

Also, wondering if you are able to remove the magwell if you need? I want one on my gun but think there will also be time where I do not want it...like for carry.

Thanks!!!

#31 ·
Alright. All cleaned up. I'll post some required dirty then clean. Hope I show what was requested. And please, yes the gun was clear and safety checked. Even after I finished cleaning it. LOL
As for some of the questions, there was no shock buffer installed. As for the flat wire spring and bushing, not sure I notice any difference from a normal BP bushing? This is my first 1911 so I'm not the best authority on what's different.
Dirty:

#33 ·
(L)Grip Panel

Atlas Great looking Wilson...but is it me or is the left panel of your grips that is flawed!!!!I believe it should be beveled out for your thumb,not a hash mark..maybe wilson will send you another pair free of charge...other wise great looking gun....I surprised george did'nt catch that...

#36 ·
On the chamber top? Not sure, I'm not crazy about them but George said just to keep an eye on it as maybe from a tight fit. I'll send some pics to Wilson this week. Only 650 rounds and was very well lubed every 100 rounds. Kind of kills the fluted chamber look but seems to shoot fine.

#42 ·
Wow, I've seen tons of posts before where someone says, "you have good taste, that's exactly how I'd spec it", and never really thought much of them, but holy cow...you literally have a CQB I would order the exact replica of. From the fluted chamber to the Wilson Combat script, it's exactly how I'd spec it.

Thanks for posting, I can live vicariously through the pics of that sexy beast. Thanks for posting, good luck with the ejection marks, never seen them on the top of the slide like that before :(

#43 ·
Atlas, that really is a beautiful pistol! Like Rookie said, there is usually something about a pistol someone posts a picture of that I can say "hmmmmmm, I'd do that differently." With that pistol of yours, it's just the way I'd order it...and maybe will! :) Need to know, who is George (sounds like a good guy to know) and what is GS? Thanks in advance and again, that is a beautiful weapon! kstart

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.