1911Forum banner

New KC9 today

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  mliebs8 
#1 ·
I've been eyeing these since they came out and finally ponied up the money. Hopefully it performs as well as it looks. Anyway, here's a couple of pics.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Well I made it to the range yesterday and this morning. I brought 150 rounds each time and only used Ed Brown magazines. Yesterday I had 1 FTRTB on the 136th round. I wish I would have taken more time to really analyze it but I was in a hurry so I just ejected the round, reloaded, and finished the mag.

Today I had zero issues. I used American Eagle, Fiocchi, S&B, and Blazer Brass. The failure happened while using the BB. Overall the gun functioned really well and is pretty accurate. I love the snakeskin texture, it's pretty tacky. This is my first commander size in 9mm that has a stainless frame, everything else is aluminum. The extra weight feels like it makes a difference in recoil.

I can really feel the quality when I release the slide lock on a mag. Reminds me of my Nighthawk T3. One thing I don't like is that it's fairly loose in my Milt Sparks Criterion holster. Fortunately I had 2 holsters on order and they weren't being built yet so I added 2 more and asked them to make them a little snugger for this particular gun.

Tomorrow I'm going back to the range and shoot it back to back with my DW ECP. The ECP has an aluminum frame so I'm curious to see how much of a difference there really is in the recoil. Anyway, not by best shooting but here's a target from today. It's a mixture of 5, 7, and 10 yards.

Attachments

#13 ·
Yes I wasn't too concerned about it. If it had happened several times I'd be a little annoyed but once is 300 rounds of mixed ammunition is reasonable. The BB that I was using is older stock I have and I noticed yesterday the slide doesn't slam forward as hard when releasing the slide lock like it does with the other stuff I was using. I may check a couple of rounds today to see if they're slightly out of spec. I really like the gun though. Wish it had a few more cosmetic bells and whistles but then again that adds cost so it defeats the purpose.

#17 ·
Im going to leave it as is. Mine has been running great with all issues worked out the more I shot it. Seems like it didn't like 115 grain Fiocchi ammo at first. Now it eats it no problem. The thing that cracks me up is I read a review on this gun and they used Fiocchi ammo to test it. The guy who did the testing said Fiocchi ran great. When I asked Ed Brown customer service they told me they never heard of Fiocchi.

#18 ·
I personally like Fiocchi but a guy I work with hates it. I've noticed Blazer Brass seems to be more accurate than others in most of my guns. When I purchase ammunition I'll buy 5 or 6 cases at a time and mix it up with different brands. The only thing I keep consistent is the ammunition I carry. I only use HST, not sure why but that's all I use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.