1911Forum banner

Year update on my PT1911

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  compositesguy 
#1 ·
After owning this 1911 for over a year with almost 800 rounds through it I must say - I’m very happy with it.

It gave me issues in the beginning that I had to send back to Taurus ( the safety broke, and was constantly jamming ). After I got it back however - it has been absolutely fantastic.

Even though it has a full length guide rod - it’s also one of the easiest 1911’s to breakdown and put back together. That’s even after owning an ATI and Colt simple GI models. The Taurus just goes together very well without any issues. And is also very reliable now.

#5 ·
New PT1911

Great story. I’m glad Taurus took care of you so well. I’m one of those that constantly get that one that has issues. I don’t care if it’s savage, Remington, or ruger. Every time they took care of me, and I could t be happier.
I love shooting my PT, even though I primarily shoot long distance benchrest rifle, but when I can it’s a joy to pump out a quick 1-200 rounds on the defensive course, and I didn’t have to pay $2000

#6 ·
I recently picked up a PT 1911 in a trade with a friend. He went thru the trouble of replacing critical MIM made parts with better after market forged ones and the pistol functions beautifully. Accurate with my hand loads too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.