1911Forum banner

WhiteHouse.gov Second Amendment

6K views 86 replies 55 participants last post by  wccountryboy 
#1 ·
https://www.whitehouse.gov/law-enforcement-community

Supporting law enforcement means supporting our citizens’ ability to protect themselves. We will uphold Americans’ Second Amendment rights at every level of our judicial system.
He also had this to say.

Our country needs more law enforcement, more community engagement, and more effective policing.

Our job is not to make life more comfortable for the rioter, the looter, or the violent disrupter. Our job is to make life more comfortable for parents who want their kids to be able to walk the streets safely. Or the senior citizen waiting for a bus. Or the young child walking home from school.

#36 ·
Hopefully this will work, but we are a long way away. I showed a few people today. Hopefully they'll show a few people... and so on.

#44 ·
No reason for CA gun owners to sign this, as it won't benefit them anyhow.

Given the onslaught of infringement in CA, you'd think you could get 80% of Calguns members to sign ANY pro 2A petition....

#49 ·
<<<<<<<<<<<<<
No reason for CA gun owners to sign this, as it won't benefit them anyhow.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

They absolutely should sign these. Your statement suggests a "What's in it for me?" attitude and that is the WRONG attitude. We're all on the same team here. Their signatures still help hit the 100k number required.

Calguns is a liberal toilet bowl of crap, just like the western half of the state. The real numbers are actually closer when you reverse those percentages; about 20% may sign any pro-2nd amendment petitions.

I became a forum supporter of this forum a few weeks before the election. Why? Because LW put out a locked thread sticky statement banning any anti-Trump threads. We're all on the same team when it comes to the 2nd amendment. Calguns, on the other hand, was bombarded with anti-Trump threads.

Let's keep the signatures going!

#52 ·
I used two email accounts so I signed it twice. Double done.
Probably not wise to incriminate yourself on a public forum... the Libs are watching :hrm:

#53 ·
My wife and I signed it when it had less than 150 signatures. Couple days ago. It's just over 1,700 now. If it needs over 98,000 still, before Feb.19, I don't have much faith that it's going to happen.

I guess it could always be re-petitioned and better publicized beforehand so that more people were aware of it and maybe muster enough support to move forward.

I hope the word gets out fast.

#54 ·
I've never paid any attention to online White House petitions. But, then again, the last time I saw/heard anything about one, Obama was president and I didn't pay any attention to anything having to do with him.

So I figured, in this case, "Why not?" I'm in.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.