1911Forum banner

Friendwood bullet Co very dissappointed

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  WESHOOT2 
#1 ·
I ordered a few thousand bullets on Aug 5,they said to allow four weeks to ship.Today is three months.I have called numerous times only to get a recording.I have sent five e-mails with no response.I don't know what to do-call the BBB or my CC co and try to get my money back.I just thought I would let ya'll know about this very disappointing service.I know this is the last time they will see any of my money!

#5 ·
Call your Credit card company immediately. I had issues with a ammo supplier last year. After 10 months I finally got my 800 dollar order.it defiantly taught me to place small orders when trying a new supplier.I had wrote it off as a loss when I finally got it half way worked out.

I was at the companies mercy bc I wanted to long on contacting my CC company.they wouldn't do anything and the BBB isn't gonna get your money back.most CC have a time limit hopefully you havnt waited too long.

I'm normally one to give a new shot a chance and give them time. I recently had to go threw the same thing buying something off the WTS section of this site and it took way to long but was patient and it eventually got worked out. But was as close to you can get without actually being burned when it came to that 800 dollar order. It was same thing. A message or a busy signal bc every one was calling bc they burnt alot of people.most people was reimbursed thru thier CC but I waited to long.

So my advice is try calling again but then your next call should be to your CC atleast to find out what can be done.good luck it sucks getting burnt.

#6 ·
I ordered a few thousand bullets on Aug 5,they said to allow four weeks to ship.Today is three months.I have called numerous times only to get a recording.I have sent five e-mails with no response.I don't know what to do-call the BBB or my CC co and try to get my money back.I just thought I would let ya'll know about this very disappointing service.I know this is the last time they will see any of my money!
I would say get on the phone right away!. Most CC only allow disputing within 60 days. Not all, but most. Call the card issuer and explain the problem and see if they can help you. Any of the vendors I have done business with during the resent history have been very up front and called or emailed with info on the long waits. If you have not heard from them at all I would be concerned also...CALL Your CC folks

RB

#7 ·
Friendswood

ED7219: Sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately I also couldn't get through on numerous attempts at phone and email. I eventually was able to get 4k of their bullets (.45 ACP 200 gr. SWC) through Powder Valley they're a very reputable company and only charge your CC when items are shipped. Currently they're out of stock on 200 gr SWC.

#8 ·
And remember guys don't do business with ANY company that charges your credit card when you place an order. They should wait until the order is ready to ship before collecting your money. Are there any other businesses who collect their money months before they do work for you? If you wanted to replace your home furnace, would you pay for it in June when they said they would install it in December?

If you do see a CC charge and the goods have not been shipped, call the company immediately and ask what's gong on. In most cases, a merchant is not allowed (per their CC merchant agreement) to collect before shipping.

#9 ·
This X 1000. I had a merchant try to do that to me once. The quoted 8 weeks to delivery and charged my cc upon ordering. When 8 weeks rolled around, they tried to say "8-12 more weeks". I got a refund and cancelled the order. As stated, most cc companies allow 60 days to dispute a charge. If your cc company won't do a charge back this late in the game, give them one more call and explain that unless you hear from them within 72 hours, you'll be sending a demand letter via USPS certified MAIL, with a 20 day deadline for refund before you contact the district attorney's office to file charges.

That should get someone's attention! FWIW, Friendswood Bullet Co. has an "F" BBB rating as it is. I wouldn't wait another day to recoup your money!

#10 ·
I can't even understand why a rational adult would need another adult to advise the aforesaid first rational adult on whether to call the first-named, aforesaid rational adult's cc company and demand that charges be reversed. :eek:

#12 ·
I can't even understand why a rational adult would need another adult to advise the aforesaid first rational adult on whether to call the first-named, aforesaid rational adult's cc company and demand that charges be reversed.
LMAO, you made me spit all over my key board ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.