1911Forum banner

Denver Police Criticize Obama

2K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Pedro 1 
#1 ·
#2 ·
My hats off to those officers. I hope this gets picked up on by more media. This King Barry has been touring and Campaigning for Gun Ban for 3 or 4 straight months including in MN. He always pulls this stunt and we know that this is a misrepresentation of LEO.

#4 ·
Apparently some of them are questioning this since it hasn't happened, yet.

CBS4 has learned that the Denver Police Department has been asking for officers — in uniform — to volunteer to stand behind Obama as he makes his speech Wednesday at the Denver Police Academy. White House Deputy Press Secretary Josh Earnest said Obama will “continue to ask the American people to join him in calling on Congress to pass common sense measures to reduce gun violence.”
Unfortunately, he only needs a couple of dozen and trick photography and 3 telepromters.

#6 ·
Most departments frown on officers making a political statement while in uniform (uless it is in line with what the Chief believes). We've had city officers disciplined for vocally supporting a candidate for sheriff, while in uniform.
Must be the Mayor and the Chief back Obama and the gun banners.
Rick

#10 ·
During my time in service, it was against general orders to make public appearances in uniform, unless officially sanctioned by the municipality. The officer has no discretion to show his support in uniform for something he believed in, but let something come along the politicians endorsed, all hands on deck under orders to appear and act in an orderly manner. God forbid you scowl or look annoyed at having to be there. You would get a rip for " conduct unbecoming an officer" placed in your jacket.

#12 ·
Obama will "continue to ask the American people to join him..."

... So by using leftist math, I'll say that there is definitely one person in favor of new gun restrictions and 300,000,000 Americans undecided or against it.

Sounds like the Denver police are part of that big number.

I know it's tongue-in-cheek, but I am really sick of hearing about how WE THE PEOPLE are supposed to constantly take time out of our day to do what our Messiah Obama tells us. I'm waiting for some influential MSM mogel to call him out and tell him it's supposed to be the other way around. Hopefully more and more people get recognized for this sentiment the same way that members of the Denver PD has.

#13 ·
Its at the police academy. You like your job son? :rolleyes:

Kudos to the rank&file for coming out against it. Thats the predominent opinion of LEOs nationwide. Many chiefs have to please their bosses or look for employment elsewhere. I know my chief is as far from a anti as one can get.

#16 ·
I'm guessing the local union thugged up the cops who didn't want to cooperate with Dear Leader... didn't keep them from making disgusted faces during His speech and not clapping, tho.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.