1911Forum banner

Pre-Series II Picture Thread

359K views 557 replies 279 participants last post by  Dino11 
#1 · (Edited)
How about we start a picture thread just for pre-series II guns? I now own five pre-series II guns, and I absolutely love 'em! Here's a few to start with. Sadly, I don't own the gun in the first picture anymore, but I own two other "Clacks."

Any chance we could get this thread stickied?

See less See more
#350 ·
After a long hiatus from purchasing anymore pre-series II guns, I'm back in the game, having bought 2 Kimbers this week. One is a completely stock Compact Aluminum in excellent condition, got it off GunBroker. The other is technically not a pre-series II gun, but was spec'd out to resemble the original Classic Customs. Only 34 were made, can you guess what it is?

Both guns should be in my hands by the end of the week, I'll post pictures as soon as I get them.

#361 ·
I have yet to take pictures of my Custom Shop Ultra Match II 45 cal. Kimber but you can bet you booty I will real soon.

I LOVE my gun and although she has a couple of tiny problems (FTF), I will solve them and make her my maiden firearm that no other can touch.

Did I mention that I love my Kimber? Well if not, I have now. Wanted this lady all my adult life and now she's mine. My God I Love shooting a .45 cal. pistol. Almost makes me physically, emotionally and sexually excited.

Pardon me while I go clean and polish my lady.

So Sayeth Da' Piggy

#363 ·
My 1997 Kimber Classic Custom

Ok, guys; here is my new to me Kimber Classic Custom. It is from 06-1997. I picked it up used paid $760 out the door. I am also including pics of the first grip I have attempted, and the third holster attempt. The grip is out of purple heart wood.

Attachments

#368 ·
kimbers

all i have is three kimbers [ series one] three inch ultra cdp, four inch cdp and a five inch super carry completely remolded with big dot sights and all parts replaced with ed brown parts and fitted to match, i just polished the feed ramps to a mirrow finish. now the cartarges dont just feed into the chamber ,they jump into the chamber