1911Forum banner

Bullseye Pistol Boxes

29K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Smythe 
#1 ·
I'm interested in buying a bullseye pistol range box. My friends have Pachmyer boxes but, as far as I can tell, they're not made any more.

Would you please give me recommendations for a bullseye box?

Thanks !!

#5 ·
E the B,

hankhan has some sound advice there. Gil Hebard and the Gung-Ho boxes are both top flight. I have a Gung-Ho box. It is alot-a years old now and still in great shape. Works nice. Gil's prices and service are hard to beat also.

#7 ·
I have one that I would sell...

E the B,

I attempted to send you an email, not sure if it went through. I have a Packmayr box with Nikon spotting scope mounted that I would like to sell. Please respond to the pm I sent and I can provide some photos and we can discuss price.

Regards,

Xringdriven

#10 ·
PM have been responded to...

Slight correction guys - I am very sorry. It had been some time since I last paid attention to this box. I have a Gun-Ho, not a Pac and the spotting scope is a Burris, not a Nikon.

Unit is for sale, please pm me for pics.

Sorry for the delayed responses - lot's of catching up following the holidays.

Xringdriven

#11 ·
Bullseye Pistol Box

I still own and use a Pachmayr Super Deluxe 4-gun box, which is now 28 years old. It has stood the test of time, and is a quality box. If you can find one, I heartily endorse them. Every time I shoot at my local outdoor gun range, I always get asked "where did you get the box" or "that's a nice set-up, where can I get one?" I usually mention the only similar ones are the Gun-Ho products.

I actually received a $500 windfall due to my gun box. I found out that my name was listed on the state's unclaimed property, and that the property belonged to my name at an old apartment address that is no longer there. I had a very old NRA Expert classification card with the old apartment address taped inside the gun box. I removed the card, photocopied it, and mailed this and a letter to prove I was owed the property. They sent me the check for $527! The old NRA classification card was the only thing I had that proved I once lived in the apartments that have since been torn down. After all these years the gun box and spotting scope paid for itself!

#13 · (Edited)
I have a Gung-Ho that is probably well used by others. I had to make a few modifications & one must have scared the 'ell out of himself as a round had gone through the left side, through the slide-out tray to out the other lift up door.

No the bullet did not hit the parts holding up the guns, but possibly the case might have been dropped. Still making another was a piece of cake.

Only thing I note is the weight of four or five h/guns, targets & some ammo was darn heavy so I did include the shoulder strap rather then just the handle.

Never included the scopr part for my scope is to large & so it is brought in on its own. They are darn good, but feel these days they are a lot lighter then mine as it must have been built around 1947.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.