1911Forum banner

Sig Revolution C3 holster options

20K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  xinnix 
#1 ·
I am going to be purchase the Sig C3 as my carry gun and have already confirmed that they do make a Crossbreed Supertuck for this weapon but I am also want to find a leather OWB holster that fits it, too. Does anyone know what manufactures produce one of these for this weapon? I realize that this is one of the drawbacks of the Sig 1911's but I really love this pistol.

Thanks,

Stephen

#4 ·
Over on SigForum one of the members (DocSig) wrote the following regarding a holster for a Sig 1911 C3:

A Commander size holster will work fine. I just ordered another Tauris for mine. Michael Taurisano of Tauris taught Lou Allesi how to make ankle holsters - he knows his stuff. The Low Profile is great: http://www.taurisholsters.com/lpitp.cfm

I have a C3 an am looking for holster options as well. I want a high ride OWB.

#7 ·
Here is a Dom Hume that I just started using on my New as of yesterdays Sig C3,. I used the same holster on my Kimber Ultra carry 3 in 1911 9mm 1 year ago. I wore the Sig all day today and it was very comfortable with the larger C3 in barrel length.
Great high ride and great price for about $25.00 Here are the two I have. I wore the Black one tighter with the jeans I had on and It does not dig in anyplace. You can not see the grips at all and with any jacket or vest or shirt that is out cover the barrels and the little that might stick out getting in and out of a car most people would not know what they are. It could be a cell phone PDA or so many things that people are wearing on their belts. The common person does not look for as gun unless you are carrying and look for others. I do not. If you are a bad guy looking then that is fine with me. The only thing I am goung to add to my C3 is a set of Crimson Trace lasers. I have them on my J frame that I carry when it is best to use a pocket holster. I have relied in the real world that in a real life situation you are going to have one hand to fend of the bad guy and hopefully your gun in the other. After practicing with the lasers on the wheel gun I want one on my 1911. Your options are so much better. Here are two review of the JIT Slde
http://www.stonerholsters.com/index.php?main_page=product_reviews_info&products_id=71&reviews_id=5

And this one
http://www.donhume.com/index.php?main_page=product_reviews_info&products_id=53&reviews_id=6
Sig Sauer C3 4.25 inch barrel

Kimber 3 inch Stainless ultra carry II

Over on SigForum one of the members (DocSig) wrote the following regarding a holster for a Sig 1911 C3.
As far as the Sig C3 I have gone back and forth on so many small 1911 .45ACP it ha been a real struggle from a Les Baer Stinger to A Colt Defender. and Kimber 4 inch guns. I went with the Sig because of the dealer and the shop I hang out at and have bought a few Les Baer's using their FFL and they were always happy to do it. So It made me feel good to buy a gun from them. I could not buy a gun at another shop and then walk in their. They gave me what I felt was a fair deal and will do the same with the laser.
I hope this helped and if you get the holster i works out for you.
Bob

#5 ·
IntheCurve over on the Sig Forum provided the following recommendations for the C3:

3 recs

1. Galco Skyops IWB order for 1911 with 4.25 barrel (Colt Commander just fine, I have a Skyops for my C3)
2. Galco Sto-And-Go IWB, you can get one for a 1911 5", you'll have a little tampered end, or just get a Sto-And-Go for commader size. Got one of these too.
3. Galco also makes a paddle holster with a snap with a thumb break. And I have one of these as well.

#6 ·
Any leather holster for a Commander sized 1911 will work. If you want Kydex that might be a different story as it wont wear in on the interior as well as a leather holster. I have a Galco, a locally made (like Galco's cheaper line), and a Galco COP series belt slide.( not Kydex but a PVC type material) Both leather holsters work great for what they are, but for my SIG GSR Compact the plastic one needed some adjusting with the Dremel. Then one day while drawing it broke where I had to "modify it". Had it been leather it would have just worn in all the right places.

#10 ·
Holster for a Sig C3,
I ended up having a custom made holster for the Sig C3. It came out really nice. Alessi Holsters makes a number of styles of holsters for what ever hand gun you have. I purchased the CQC-S. It is a on the waist holster that snaps on and off of my heavy 1.5 inch belt. The snaps work great. I had doubts about how well they would work. It is so easy to take the gun and holster off when I get home and put it on when I go out. The snaps are very secure and fasten easy and unsnap just as easy. here are some photos of the C3. You can see I have Crimson Trace laser grips on the C3. I like them a lot for a number of reasons.

You can order the holsters at this site.
Look up the CQC-S for the holster I have. It holds the gun very close to the body and I can wear a shirt over a T-shirt or vest and you cannot see the outline of the pistol.
http:
//www.alessigunholsters.com/

Good luck. I did not buy the magazine holster from them. They were a little steep at $50.00 so I bought the Don Hume's.

#13 ·
I had major back surgery and will not be wearing pants with a belt for at least 10 months. I will be wearing sweat pants. I ordered a custom made shoulder holster for the C3 from Alessi. He has all the blanks for just about every pistol made and can custom make the holsters. The C3 does not have a round slide it is not round on top. Here is a photo of a Les Baer on the left and you can see the slide is round on top and the Sig C3 on the right has sharper edges on the top of the slide. That is why you almost need to get a custom made holster. I hope this helps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.