1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Para P14 Mags And The Plus 2 Base Pad

5K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  shane45-1911 
#1 · (Edited)
On all of my Para mags, I have always loaded them up with 15 rounds of ammo without any problems. The mags are completely stock from Para. Yesterday I installed one of Para's plus 2 base pads and to my surprise...I was only able to add one more round of ammo which is now at a total capacity of 16 rounds. Now conventional thinking would have you to believe that since I was originally able to load up 15 rounds, the plus 2 base pad would give me a grand total of 17. I was wondering what is everyone elses experience with the Para mags as far as capacity goes, are you putting in 14 or 15 rounds, and is anyone else using Para's extended base pad?

#2 ·
Para Base Pads

I own a Para P14.45 Ltd. SS. The stock mag only loads 14 rnds. max and the orig. Para extended base pads only adds one ( using Para's stock mag spring).

I have Dawson base pad , Orig. Para base pads and Grams eng'g. base pad. The Dawson base pad works fine with the aftermarket magazine ,Mecgar 13 rndr.,using wolff's +10% mag spring in combination with S&A one piece magwell. All base pads only add one ammo using Wolff's +10% magspring. All have been quite reliable in my gun. :)

#3 ·
Hermo Gut said:
I own a Para P14.45 Ltd. SS. The stock mag only loads 14 rnds. max and the orig. Para extended base pads only adds one ( using Para's stock mag spring).

Bingo. I'm selling my Para mag collection in the equipment/gear forum right now (forgive the shameless promotion), and the base pad extends the capacity to one with Para mag springs. In fact, the Para website shows a mag cutaway with an extended basepad at their proshop page for mag sales. there you can see 15 rounds loaded in the extended mag. It seems your mag springs are out of spec or worn and I'd consider downloading and replacing the springs if you use this weapon for self-defense.

#4 ·
pulpsmack said:
Bingo. I'm selling my Para mag collection in the equipment/gear forum right now (forgive the shameless promotion), and the base pad extends the capacity to one with Para mag springs. In fact, the Para website shows a mag cutaway with an extended basepad at their proshop page for mag sales. there you can see 15 rounds loaded in the extended mag. It seems your mag springs are out of spec or worn and I'd consider downloading and replacing the springs if you use this weapon for self-defense.
A year and a half later after I made this thread?!! :scratch: Anyhooooo...my guns still perform 100% using the same mags and springs. I carry my Nite Hawg now as my daily carry FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.