1911Forum - View Single Post - Ruger Custom shop
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbert Cannon View Post
I think this pistol may find a slot in the market. Today's customs are running in almost $4,000 class. Les Baer still has a few a tad under $3,000 but not most. The least expensive is $3,000 plus and if you ask for anything on them the cost balloons real fast to $3500 +. Add taxes and you are paying a lot. So a semi custom at that price is not bad and Ruger makes one tough pistol. Discount it a bit and it is in like flynn.
1911 Heaven has 5 brand new Baers listed under $2k, and another 5 just over that mark on their site right now, and the most expensive one is $2900.https://cj1911heaven.com/LesBaerInventory.html

I ordered a new Hemi from CJ less than a year ago spec'd the way I wanted it and it was $2325. With prices like that on new Baers, why even consider a $2500 Ruger? Hell, my new $800 Colt Competition is better fit than that thing. I have nothing against Ruger, I own several including a new .308 Precision Rifle I bought last month, but I only paid $799 for it.

Ruger needs to stick with what they do best - solid quality, no frills guns at reasonable price points.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge or jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - LtCol Jeff Cooper