1911Forum banner

Pro for sale at ar15.com

5K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  Quack 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Supply & Demand

My Pro Op was more than retail, but I got it quick. Now I have no problem waiting on my Pro that's on order and was normal price.

#9 · (Edited)
There was another overpriced one at 29xx (NIB) for weeks on GB. A Pro OP for 3000 is still available at a certain site.

I've only owned a measly two of them, but I've learned a few things:
1. They're awesome.
2. They're not that awesome.
3. I wouldn't wait 1-2 years for one.
4. They're not worth 2800+++.

#10 ·
I got mine with no wait... and considerably less :D

i'll get a Pro Op as well but only when the "right one" pops up...

#11 ·
My Pro will arrive in July of 2013. Ordered back around this past Christmas.

$2600 for mine. I don't mind waiting. Hell, I've waited 5 years for a Randall knife. I can do 2 years standing on my head.....:rofl:

#12 ·
The SA Pro is one of the most successfully hyped 1911s I know about. Quite a clamoring has been created for a gun that is not quite of premium quality. In that price range I'd much prefer a Wilson.

I have a TRP for half the price of a Pro, and I'll bet it's just about as good in every aspect. My Valor is 2/3 the price and a better 1911.

#13 ·
The SA Pro is one of the most successfully hyped 1911s I know about. Quite a clamoring has been created for a gun that is not quite of premium quality. In that price range I'd much prefer a Wilson.

I have a TRP for half the price of a Pro, and I'll bet it's just about as good in every aspect. My Valor is 2/3 the price and a better 1911.
This is hilarious.

Have you ever owned a Pro?

#15 ·
I have both a TRP and a Pro. The TRP isn't in the same league as the Pro.

I would put the Pro against my Ed Brown and Les Baers. It IS that awesome, contrary to what was said above.

And the wait isn't 2 years. It's about 12-15 months, which is just about as long as some people wait for a Wilson to be built.

#17 ·
I'm still waiting on some Pro's ordered early Jan 2011. I'll be amazed if I get them next month. My experience is more like 18-20 months. But whatever.

As for Pro vs. whatever - speaking from experience, Pro = SRP = CQB = EE = GRP. Sorry. They just are.

#14 ·
It looks like he's in Cali, and being a San Diego Native myself, I can tell ya he more than likely over paid to begin with to get that jewel of the nile in his Komifornia hands, lol. SO nice a weapon, very shex-shee for sure but day-um with the price taggles, lol. :)

#19 ·
In the past due to financial reasons, I have sold my Wilson's for a loss, sold my Browns for a loss, My PRO will shoot with the best of them and I still have it. If the time comes where I have to sell it... I'll make money on the deal. It is really simple... if you don't want one, there are 100 people standing in line behind you to buy it. Dollar for dollar, it is one of the best shooting and investment 1911's for the price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.