1911Forum - View Single Post - Army Chief's wisdom
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 11:26 PM

He and I pm'd a bit after my waiting thread. This if from a pm a few days ago.
His insight holds many lessons on many levels. RIP AC. You will be missed.

" God has used cancer tremendously in my life, and I wouldnt change a thing about this journey. It just makes my participation here a little uneven at times, depending upon how I am managing things like swelling, meds and all of that sort of thing. I don't really have any medical options at this point beyond the palliative, but am still very much in the fight. I was only given 60-days to live last September, and radiation bought me considerably more than that (all of 2013!), so again, what on earth do I have to complain about? "

I asked him if he minded that I had quoted him in my Sig line and he replied.

"Not sure what on earth I would be objecting to in the first place, but of course you are free to do as you wish. It certainly does not bother me in any way. I think a lot of folks could stand to benefit from slowing down a bit to appreciate what they've already got, and if this line or two helps to remind them of that, then so much better.

Chuck "
AC

Last edited by Sawgrass; 12-09-2013 at 11:41 PM.