1911Forum - View Single Post - Army Chief's wisdom
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

Chuck's observation on the gun control debate (around Feb. 2013):

Like most of you, I've been watching the battle lines form once again in our national gun control discourse (something we have long known was coming), and waiting to see just how far afield things get carried this time. Another discussion for another time, but I'm always disappointed at the way that political expediencies force the focus upon symptoms, while completely ignoring the underlying disease.
AC

Someone asked Chuck what exactly was his duty with the Army prior to being diagnosed with cancer:

Now there is a question I don't answer very often. The truth is that I am the Deputy Executive Officer for the Commanding General of U.S. Army Forces Command (FORSCOM).

Working directly for a 4-star as a member of his personal staff affords me a lot of flexibility (which has been a godsend while I've been sick), and while the job is primarily administrative, much of what I do is coordinating his aggressive travel schedule with a fleet of small military jets. In other words, I'm not exactly a fangs-out operator these days, but I do love what I do, so going back to work is no hardship -- once I get my uniform on, that is. Getting dressed still kind of wears me out. lol.

AC

Last edited by Ricky T; 12-09-2013 at 02:55 PM.