1911Forum - View Single Post - Experior
Thread: Experior
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker2237 View Post
This. The main reason I haven't dropped $14000 on 2011s is because I really want a Wilson option for open class and limited/open carry type arm since I know it will work.

On the note of extractors I prefer internal not for looks but since I can more easily adjust it if it for some reason needs it, it's also one part not four so I feel less likely to stop working due to a little spring or o-ring dying or a screw backing out. I've never had an issue with my internal guns but my external ones have had a bunch and my new ZEV OZ9 just had it's extractor spring break on me in less than 2500 rounds on the stupid thing. Doesn't instill me with confidence with how many issues I've had vs my "unreliable" 1911s with their internal ones.
Related to the above, I've mentioned this before, and I'll say it again, I'd like to see some model's from WC which are "sportier". Here is what I mean about that, my STI CC out-shoots my WC CC by a little. Plus the STI has higher capacity. But similar to your view on "less likely to stop working", I just don't feel my STI is built on par with the WC as far as ruggedness (granted only a sample of 1 STI in my part vs 5 WC's). So what I would really get excited about, would be intrinsic WC ruggedness with STI-type shooting enhancements, like a speed-shoot magwell (or whatever it is called), high-cap-45, barrel-mounted island FS, and yes, even a poly grip (which absorbs recoil), and whatever other innovation's WC might add. This would be true differentiation to what WC offer's now...All these trim enhancements in the latest WC offerings are nice, but meh, not enough to go out and buy a new gun when my WC 45'a are already running 110%. I have the Xtac grip on one of them, if I could magically get it on the other 4 WC, I would, but short of that, not much I am getting excited about with this or even less so, the last "lower-budget" offering from last month.

Outside the X9 and its version in this offering, I am not sure how this offering expands their brand much vs the offerings they already have now. But, of course I wish them well and hope they make many incremental sales, I have 5 WC Lifetime warranties I've invested in :-).
Ekeibolon - Jeff Cooper

Last edited by combat auto; 12-12-2019 at 05:15 AM.