1911Forum banner

bowling pin RIA ?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  george_995 
#1 ·
Any of you guys use or have a dedicate/modified (red dot w/ mount, compensated barrel,etc.) RIA 1911 45acp? I went to my first pin match last month, I am now addicted. Since then I have purchased a RIA tact. 1911 45acp to dedicate for pin smashing . :) pics would be great.

#3 ·
I shoot steel matches/practice with a g34(setup for limited), this is what I used for my first bowling pin match. It did good, but hits were weak unlike the heavier caliber rigs. I want to upgrade my 1911 to an open gun w/ cmore mounted to a berry's sideways rig. Not sure about a full blown compensated bull barrel though. :$

#4 ·
they don't allow any optics where i shoot pins .
truth is, I'm not so sure it would make much, if any difference anyway .
cause we shoot at 25ft...and at that close distance it's 99% trigger control that's the difference between a hit or miss

..L.T.A.

#5 ·
Man that's kinda strict, is it a private membership range or open? I've always wanted an open/optic pistol and that is to compete in its rightful class. We shoot at twenty five feet also, but it isn't man against man. You have four tables with five pins(pins are set in the middle of a steel table), your slowest time is thrown out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.