1911Forum banner

Night Sights for my RIA 1911

18K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  TNich 
#1 ·
I just recently picked up a new RIA 1911 and am looking at some of the night sight options. I have heard the Tru Glo are nice, but would like to hear from anyone who has them on their pistol. It's going to come down to the Tru Glo or the Meprolight sights. Would like to get some advice/opinions please.

#2 ·
I don't think Tru Glo make any sights yet for the Novak cut, which is the closest to the cut on the Tac. I met one of the guys from Tru Glo a couple of months back on the range where he was trying out some new designs and I asked him why they don't have Novak-cut sights - all he answered with was that they should be out soon.

#5 ·
I don't think Tru Glo make any sights yet for the Novak cut,
crazy idn'it?
i searched far and wide on the 'net for some Tru-Glo TFO model sights .
i put a set on my M&P45 (yellow rear/green front) ... love 'em and wanted a set for one of my 1911s

Kimber cut is all that's available for 1911s...:(

TNich, sights are a personal thing .
No one can really say what's best/fastest for "your" eyes.
I've replaced night sights on brand new pistols before cause they weren't what's best/fastest for "my" eyes

..L.T.A.

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum TNich, is your pistol a GI. or a Tac.? a FS, MS or CS? is it going to be a carry pistol or a range gun? do you require Adj. or Low profile Combat sights?:confused:.....i know :scratch: It could make a difference,If you are going to spend your $ you want the right sights........:D

#9 ·
A little high at $75, but I knew it would be done right and quickly. Their turnaround time, on a couple different things for me, was legendary. Nothing but great things to say about Arnel.

#12 ·
Now, Fiber Optic front (orange) with the same LPA Adj rear. Just got one last Thursday :).

This is just a range gun for me so I don't plan on ever changing the sights. If I change my mind later I may explore to see if someone makes a tube to replace the fiber optic one. I've heard it done on other platforms before. Something lke a Trijicon insert IDK. Right now it's day shootong for me with this and I love it.

#11 ·
Levian, I don't know where you live, hard to say who could do a good job, because of the odd dovetail cut that Ria uses,are there other GS that can put these on? yes! finding them is the hard part.I have seen some of the horrible jobs as have we all. here is a front sight that Arnel did, granted they are not Nite Sights, but they are Novak Cut sights.....

As I rememer there were some other post in that thread that may be of Interest to you.
http://forums.1911forum.com/showpost.php?p=3002602&postcount=1

#15 ·
Mine is a GI Model, which I found out today I would have to have the slide milled to accept the newer novak or tru glow sights. I'm still a novice with the 1911 (I carry a Beretta M9 for my duty weapon and have owned Glock and Springfield armory XD's in the past. My original plan was to do some modification to it, but unless I can find someone in my area who can do the work to the slide it will have to stay stock till I can afford to buy another 1911 that already has night sights or is milled to accept them. I like how it shoots, overall it's a good pistol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.