1911Forum banner

10MM Rock

8K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  congerz83 
#1 ·
I was just sitting here thinking of what I'd like Santa to bring me for Christmas...:D

#3 ·
I know. I figure if the idea gets enough support the powers that be may just decide to start producing them. After all there has been an re-insurgence of 10mm end users the last few years. Personally I think it's a wonderful idea with tons of merit. I must be a genius:dope:

#4 ·
Been trying to get someone to measure the breechface of a rock island 38 super to see if I could fit a 10mm barrel to one.... some brands use the 10mm/40 sw breechface for their supers since there is only .019 difference in the rims.....

#5 ·
I want to see em purpose built not converted. Wishful thinking I know....:(

#8 ·
I sell my .45 in a hearteat to get a 10mm. I love the gun caliber but I hate Glocks, HK's and the CZ-75 is way to hard for me to get used to. 1911 is the only auto I like.

#9 ·
Were on the same wavelength you and I

#12 ·
Night Al as always thanks for the insight. I am actually switching my custom longslide build from Caspian to a 10mm. Starting to get the parts piece by piece the ones i ant when I can afford it.

#14 ·
Anything is possible if enough of us beg for it so get begging already

#15 ·
Guess I don't see the point of begging, it'd be nice but I can see their hesitance. It will not sell as well as 9mm and .45 ACP models, so making them could be a real loss for the company.

#16 ·
That is the wrong attitude. :grumble:

#19 ·
I know, a terrible attitude from a guy who once pined for Colt Delta Elites and the vunder round of the bottomfeeder world. Just sort of got away from it...I do admit that if they made one I would feel obliged to buy it.

#17 · (Edited)
You guys the idea positive attitudes are infectious. The 10mm isn't a popular round unless your in the right circles just like a .38 super or 9mm x 23 or other about wild cat like rounds in a 1911 but 10mm is the most sought after round I know of in a 1911 and I know pleanty of people who hate the plastic 10mm like Glock, HK, Sig alloy frames and the like it=f they even offer a 10mm? S&W even makes a 10mm so there is demand and it usaully means custom or used high ned custom or Dan Wesson that cost over 2k anyhow. I know to guns that would fly off the shelves in the Caliber a MS and a Longslide Match style gun.

#18 ·
an affordable 10mm, is a big step in making 10mm MORE popular.

Aside from that? Yes please, give mine a rail but I'd buy one even in GI trim.

#21 ·
I agree but as a hunter I would prefer the commander of MS size in 10mm my self. If it were my only gun in the field then yes a longslide would be great.

#24 ·
As I recall EAA makes a 10mm CZ Clone and CZ makes no 10mm that I am aware of at this time. The 10mm EAA has had problems (never seen them on one) with the frame cracking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.