1911Forum banner

Where does 9mm Blazer Brass rank?

103K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  ccijp 
#1 ·
Read some mixed reviews but mostly good for the Blazer Brass ammo.

But unable to determine where one would rank this ammo.

Higher than Wolf but lower than Federal?
Is this considered great "plinking" ammo for the price?

#9 ·
No problems with it brass or aluminum cased for that matter. CCI/Blazer makes good stuff IMHO.

#15 ·
near or at the top in clean burning
Much cleaner than WWB and Fed Champ and especially Fed American Eagle
(one of the dirtiest ammo I shoot besides Tul and Blazer aluminum)

in most of "my" pistols ...accuracy is on par with Fed, but a little less accurate than WWB.(note; i can only tell when shooting from a rest)

brass is thinner than Fed and Win, but holds up well to many reload cycles, though the primer pocket gets worn/lose before Fed and Win (my preferred brass for reloading)

Bullet set back on chambering is the number one concern with BB.
so don't chamber a rnd multiple times or the bullet will set back 30-40 thousandths or more by the third chambering (if top rnd in a full mag)

..L.T.A.

#16 ·
Blazer Brass is excellent stuff. I’ve put almost 500 rounds of it thru my 2 month old 1911. Clean burning stuff. Couldn’t find any last time I ordered, so I bought 500 rounds of PMC in .45. Dirty stuff. Just ordered a case of Blazer Brass in 9mm. Next time I find some in .45 ACP at a good price, I’ll snatch it up.

#17 ·
It barely runs my compact 9mm 1911, meaning it is inconsistent in power to run the slide at full energy. It is a tight gun, all steel and likes hot ammo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.