1911Forum banner

Kimber Sapphire Ultra II

39K views 42 replies 26 participants last post by  bigedd396 
#1 ·
#6 ·
Thanks Robot,
great picture!

#11 ·
I showed these pictures to my wife and she said its nice..... I would have her one when it comes out but, she has trouble racking the slide, period. on anything. She said she would go get her CC in the summer if I would take the class with her.... oh well its gonna cost dble for her to get licensed but it will be worth it. She wants to check out this one. (not sure why it says error view but link works) http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...57773_757767_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

#17 ·
I just had my hands on one at my LGS and its nice but there was a super carry pro someone shot two mags threw it and it was a very low price I couldn't pass so I bought that one.

Kevin

#19 · (Edited)
Well I broke down..........

My wife had seen pictures of this new Ultra Sapphire II and loved it. She has always loved the look and feel of my Ultra Raptor II, how well it shoots, and the way it fits her hand. She has a Sig P238 and was considering the new Sig P938 to bump up from the 380 to the 9mm. But once she saw this somewhat 'blingy" Sapphire she completely forgot about the Sig 938.

So when I found one today I broke down and bought it for her. I have not told her about it and will just wait until it comes in and we go to the LGS to pick it up.

#20 ·
My wife had seen pictures of this new Ultra Sapphire II and loved it. She has always loved the look and feel of my Ultra Raptor II, how well it shoots, and the way it fits her hand. She has a Sig P238 and was considering the new Sig P938 to bump up from the 380 to the 9mm. But once she saw this somewhat 'blingy" Sapphire she completely forgot about the Sig 938.

So when I found one today I broke down and bought it for her. I have not told her about it and will just wait until it comes in and we go to the LGS to pick it up.
She is going to absolutely love it. What a great surprise for her to have.

My wife is wanting a Kimber now too. We haven't decided what model. Maybe a Pro or Ultra Super Carry HD.

#25 ·
I just picked a Sapphire up. Was on the fence about it for awhile since it's 9mm, and I really prefer a .45. There was only one available in my area, and after getting it home and closely inspecting it, it has a couple light scratches on the slide right out of the box which I didn't notice in the store. Who knows how much it was handled at the LGS. I might talk to them about it and see if they will send it back to Kimber for refinishing, but not sure I want to give up the gun so soon after getting it.

I did talk to Kimber and they mentioned the possibility they might be doing a "gem" line in different colors and/or calibers. I would be all over a purple Kimber "Amethyst" in 45 ACP, haha. I also suggested a skeletonized trigger on the Sapphire in the same PVD blue coating, I think that would make it looks tons better even.

The scratches look worse in the pics than they do in person, but this gun isn't cheap, so you kinda expect perfection. :(

#27 · (Edited)
Super90Girl, I would try and see if the LGS would help you out. Not sure if they would do that since you have taken it home but worth a try.

I agree with you on the trigger being blue and skeletonized.....would be a nice touch. My wife really likes her Sapphire and for her the 9mm is good but understand your thoughts on the 45acp caliber.

#29 ·
Super90Girl,

If you haven't already, you should view the video from the 2012 Shot Show in which Dwight, VP of Trade Relations talks about the Sapphire. He states the finish is a "tool" finish for drill bits and says that you can not scratch it. Obviously that is not true or you would not have scratches on yours. But I think this helps your angle a bit with getting Kimber to consider fixing this for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEcUTxAjpTw

Good luck.

Mark

#30 ·
Super90Girl,

If you haven't already, you should view the video from the 2012 Shot Show in which Dwight, VP of Trade Relations talks about the Sapphire. He states the finish is a "tool" finish for drill bits and says that you can not scratch it. Obviously that is not true or you would not have scratches on yours. But I think this helps your angle a bit with getting Kimber to consider fixing this for you.
Mark
Yeah, obviously that's just not the case. I took it back to the LGS yesterday and they said they would send it back to Kimber to have it fixed, estimated time=6 weeks. It's a bummer, since I just got it, but I am going back east for Xmas, so at least the time will be partially occupied. I really hope they come out with a Kimber "Amethyst" in 45, with purple trigger, I would scoop that up in a heartbeat.

Interestingly, when I mentioned the trigger idea to the guy at Kimber, he said that maybe they didn't or wouldn't do that cause it's a moving part that the finish might not hold up on, so I think they are aware that it can be scratched and any claims to the contrary are bogus. Kinda like Apple saying their high tech glass on the iphone can't get scratched or broken. I proved that one wrong too.

#34 ·
The Waiting Game

So Kimber has had my Sapphire since December 14, 2012. They have done nothing so far. I have called 2 or 3 times over the weeks and each time I am told it is still in the "evaluation" phase. I called yesterday, they said the same thing, but mentioned I might get a call next week regarding what they intend to do to resolve the issue. I was also told that since it is a refinishing situation it will take longer than the standard 6 weeks turnaround time. So, I spend $1600 for a gun, have it for 2 days, haven't even gotten to shoot it, and now I am feeling I might be lucky if I see it back by summer time. Not very happy about it. :mad: :bawling: :( :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.