1911Forum banner

Colt Defender or Night Defender?

22K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  xinnix 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been up and down this forum the past few days with different threads on good CC guns. I have a few picked out that are maybes. 1. SA EMP 40 ($1099) 2. Kimber Super Carry Pro ($1222) 3. Colt Defender/Night Defender ($907/$1003). Now I want to know what are the true benefits of getting the Talo edition over the regular colt. The defender is the cheapest of them all, and seems to have the most reliability. So I just want opinion whether it is beneficial to get the Talo edition over the original. Thanks.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
That is not a picture of the current production Colt Defender. Go with the Colt version, its better looking. I really like the niftyness of the EMP but why when you can have a 45?

#6 ·
colt defender

I recently shot a colt defender and was surprised on how well it shot. It also didn't kick as much as I thought it would. Great shooting gun can't wait to put my order in. I also like the way the springer looks can't go wrong with that gun either. :)

#7 ·
I have two Defenders. One older model with the small sights and one newer one with Novaks. I like them very much and they have been completely reliable.

I had a Night Defender and sold it. Never fired it, but really didn't like the blue slide nor the slim grips. Those are just personal preferences. I put VZ grips on my others. The only significant difference is the night sights.

I recently sent my old Defender to Colt for their tactical package and cerakote finish. Anxiously awaiting its return.

So, I don't think that you can go wrong with either of the Colt offerings.

#13 ·
I own many 1911's, all Colt's. My carry gun is a Defender and i can't say enough about it. There are two camps out there, those who own Colt's and those who want to. Buy the Colt.
My first 1911 was a colt I got last month. It has worked flawlessly. So, I guess I'm going with the colt. And I think I'll go with the night defender. Has everything I want including the finish.

#14 ·
I do like the Super Carry Pro, but I don't think it fits well in this comparison.

I don't usually go for 3" 1911s, but Colt's models are proving to be great values, compared to their competition. Also, I don't think anyone can argue with their reliability... which is the entire point of these SUB-compacts.
If I were inclined, and had the scratch, it would be hard to turn down the Talo Colt. My second choice might be the 'new' New Agent w/sights.

#16 ·
I just got a call that a Colt Defender will be in the shop next week. I want to shoulder carry because of all th3e4 weather changes we get here in up state New York. Can some one suggest a good gasholder holster for the three inch Defender? I have seen some going as much as 350.00 dollars but not needing as a professional would I am looking to spend less than this. Can any one make a good suggestion that is good quality but will not break the bank...
Thanks
Bob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.