1911Forum banner

STI Teflon Mags

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  jlpskydive 
#1 ·
Any issues with Teflon STI/Staccato mags? Especially on mag release. Thinking about purchasing.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Teflon coated STI mags.....

I have never tried them either, and all of my STI 2011 mags in various lengths work fine.....

I would presume a teflon coated mag would be super slick on the inside to help reduce any friction when the rounds move up the tube, but I have never had any issues with my standard STi 2011 mags, after I tweaked/tuned them....

#5 ·
I bought four of them and they work fine. STI website is where I found them. I use a Marauder if that matters? The mags that came with the gun are a little different... the Finish on them is kinda glossy... look closely at the picture and you can see the difference, the mag in the pistol is what came with pistol. The one next to it is more of a flat color. The base pad is slightly different too (laying side by side). Same OAL. I called STI and asked why they where not glossy like the originals and they told me it was same technology on the inside. It looks different to me me, but function just fine. Mag release works just fine.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.