1911Forum banner

New to me LDA

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  bounty-hunter 
#1 ·
Just picked up an LDA Limited. The gun was sent to Cylinder & Slide for there reliability package. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet because I'm out of town, will post a range report as soon as I get to shoot it.

A couple of poor quality cell phone pictures.:D

See less See more
#7 ·
also just aqcuired one. desert earth LDA 14-45. says 216th on the side and oi something. cant find anywhere what that means. also has a out line of what looks like w/virginia and a town of talil or something highlighted, tribal looking deer skull on other side, both on back of slide. seems really hard to get a mag to seat properly fully loaded.

#9 ·
What you probably have is one of Para's military commemmorative pistols.

As I understand it, members of a military unit could order a minimum number of pistols and get their unit designation and anything else engraved on the slide.

As for the mag, try locking the slide back and insert the mag. Then release the slide to chamber the first round. Otherwise, it's likely to ease up a bit after some use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.