1911Forum banner

Checkering grips

29K views 37 replies 21 participants last post by  JordanR 
#1 ·
I would like to learn how to checker 1911 grips. Is there anyone out there that can give me a few pointers? I can find stuff on rifle cherkering but not on grips. Thanks for any help anyone can give, Mirando

#30 ·
F16DCC - thanks for the info. I've been inspired by your work to give it a go, but when I looked for the tools to do it with, there were about 5-6 different lpi options and I wasn't sure what you might have used. I really like the half checkered / half smooth look on the desert ironwood grips you did.

#36 ·
I would love to see the original thread as well. IMO all grips need some amount of checkering especially those going on stock guns that dont have front strap texturing of some sort. . I see grips all the time that I would buy if only they were at least half checkered "combat checkered" like in the first pic. I actually like how the diamonds effect the wood grain often times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.