1911Forum - View Single Post - The last gun
Thread: The last gun
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinWiseGuy View Post
LOL.. now that's funny. Good one!

My scary black sporting rifle because of distance, accuracy and capability. Side arm, depends. SHTF I don't care about conceal-ability so probably either my P220 or 1911 for durability and up-close defense.

LOL.. ex-wives. If we could only know how to marry the 2nd one first..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsvette View Post
Lwrc m6 a5 sbr 10.5" & g17.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
What ever the local Leo's carry for type of ammo . G19 or G23
I think some of you guys are misinterpreting the original post. He asked which is the LAST gun you'd use out of your collection.

Besides the NAA .22 I have several others, but that's okay because not every firearm I bought was purchased with the intent of surviving World War III with it. I already have enough guns for World Wars III, IV, and V as it is.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.