1911Forum - View Single Post - RI Governor suspend the Constitution - Blockade of NY cars
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadad View Post
It was not my intent to come across as anti 2a or advocate suspending any rights. My point was more that stupid people are forcing these decisions upon the rest of us. For example we had a customer come in the store and told us his wife was quarantine for possible cv19. Why is he out in public as well?
Nor is it my intention to suggest that you are anti 2A- only to point out the similarities in the thought process. The justifications for each argument are the same.
You're correct- the world is full of stupid people. Stupid people commit crimes with firearms, driving the desire to restrict them. That's something we can't fix.
I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain. ~ John Adams