1911Forum - View Single Post - The only impact I'm feeling is ranges are closed
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Isn't it ironic that we have finally come to a time when the government has stopped us, albeit temporarily, from buying guns and being allowed to shoot them?

I agree that air guns are a good stopgap measure at the moment. A few months ago I posted about how I finally dug out some of my old Crosman and Daisy air guns from when I was a kid, dusted them off, replaced bad seals and got them up and running again. I then went out and bought some modern ones that are even more fun to shoot. It's good to be able to shoot something just to relieve the boredom of being cooped up at home all week long.

Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.