1911Forum - View Single Post - I've got the Glock "bug" - someone help me!
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro.45 View Post
Dern tootin!
One thing though......real men don’t buy no ugly truck!
As far as the 4x4 gettin’ back in the woods to build a fire as opposed to a Subaru pulling up to the resort.......spot on brother....”ewww, the bugs”....
That's right. Ugly trucks are made by earning their ugly, not bought. Like honest worn bluing on a long carried firearm.

I do have to admit though. I really like my Nissan NV200 cargo van. Despite all the free candy jokes. I call it the White Tardis. My wife calls it the Plutonium Van. I keep telling people I'm going to hang rope, zip ties, duct tape, and a meat hook on a rack in the back. If they only knew that in the survival kit/camp box in the back there is a long bundle of rope, knives, and a folding saw. Oh, and the important stuff. TP.

I tell people that with the stash in the back and the van to sleep in that if I get stranded between two floods I'll call back and tell folks, "If I'm lucky I'll be back in 4 or 5 days. If not I'll be back in 2 )

I can sleep in it, haul stuff, and even use it as a rifle shooting platform in the rain. More importantly, I can actually get in and out of it. Love the howl of a Ferrari, but at this point in life just looking at one and thinking of trying to fold myself into one hurts. Grey man vehicle all the way!

R.I.P. Miss Andi. It was a fine, long run old pup and I miss ya. AIW