1911Forum - View Single Post - Springfield Armory Loaded
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 03:22 AM

Springfield Armory Loaded

I am the proud new owner of a Springfield Armory 1911 Loaded .45ACP that I picked up this past December. As such Iíve gone ahead to the range 3 times and run like 150 rounds flawlessly with the stock SA magazines that came with the purchase. Nonetheless, I still went ahead and ordered some Wilson Combat magazines that from everything Iíve heard and read is the way to go. Not to mention that it takes the SA 1911 from 7+1 to 8+1 rds.

In preparation for these magazines I had gone ahead and added a Wilson Combat magwell after the first Range visit and while I was at it, to the 5 stock Springfield Armory magazines I added mag pads as you can see in this photo. As well I went ahead and changed the original rosewood cocobolo grips which I liked to some G10ís which are pretty narly and donít look to shabby with the Stainless steel.

Thus far, my introduction to the 1911 has been amazing! While, I tend to be a bit old school that all my hand guns are DA/SA like the Beretta PX4 Storm full size for home defense, a Springfield Armory XD-E as my EDC, and a Sig Sauer P226 MK25 that will most probably end up by my nightstand once I run a few more hundred rounds to then supplant the Beretta PX4... this SA 1911 gives me loads of joy at the range and just sheer pride of ownership.

Hoping yíall can relate...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk