1911Forum - View Single Post - No new guns until dems defeated
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW McVay View Post
Bullcrap.
Why is this "bullcrap"? History has demonstrated otherwise... NOLA, 2005: those LEOs that didn't abandon their duties and flee didn't balk for a second to seize guns from the citizenry. .
Its easy to idolize people because of their profession, to think of them as somehow noble and ethically above reproach. The reality is that they're just people, subject to all humam weakness, and the very normal desire to take care of oneself and ones own.

We have members here who are "stuck" in 2A restrictive States- because they're unwilling to forfeit a comfortable job or lifestyle. Why should we expect government employees to be any different- willing to sacrifice their livelihoods and families for YOUR guns...?

And before the lectures about personal sacrifice for duty even starts- I understand it far better than most here, I've lived it for 30 years.
I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain. ~ John Adams

Last edited by wccountryboy; 02-15-2020 at 06:48 PM.