1911Forum - View Single Post - Army Chief's wisdom
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 04:27 PM

I sent this as a PM to Ricky earlier, he suggested I post it here and he is also forwarding the pics to Mrs. AC. Every year, at Christmas time this great AMERICAN organization, Wreathes Across America, descends on National Cemeteries all over e US and places a wreath at the head of the grave of EVERY single stone in that cemetery. I have witnessed this before as my parents have been interred in Arlington for some time, but last Saturday I had the privilege of watching and helping 26,000 folks, all volunteers make this happen on a 20 something freezing sleet kind of day.

Hi Ricky,
First off Merry Christmas to you and yours! Hope it is a peaceful season filled with joy and good health! I went to Arlington last Saturday for the Wreaths Across America event. There were 26.000 volunteers there in 20 degree freezing rain placing wreaths on each grave. It was time to make my annual visit to my parents, aunts and uncles, cousins, friends and of course AC. I though I'd send along some pics I took there, maybe you might forward one or two to Mrs. AC if you deem appropriate. I stopped and said a short prayer at each grave for them and all of us.
Mike

Tomb of the Unknowns from the Street

My Uncle and Aunt

My Mom and Dad(buried next to his brother)

Pentagon from AC's Grave

Chuck, second row to the right

My Cousin 4 time Vietnam Vet

The tag on each wreath

Last edited by Bigdaddymike; 12-24-2016 at 07:48 PM.