1911Forum banner

Just say NO to black leather!

12K views 69 replies 46 participants last post by  SaltySixty6 
#1 ·
So, I’ve been retired for over 5 years from LE, after 34 years. I’ve been wearing black gear for most purposes for just over 40 years. I’m done, sick of it, won’t have it, don’t want to see it anymore!

In order to remedy this issue, I placed an order with the good folks at Milt Sparks. 55BN, a couple mag pouches, PMK for my M-13, and a couple belts.......all in natural tan.

I feel so much better, having gotten that off my chest, 🙂

#40 ·
I see kindred folks here....
I too was forced to wear black duty gear for about 3 decades.
Will have NONE of that now. Everything is tan, brown or russet. And I don't care about a few scuffs on it now and then - there's no inspections being performed.

#44 ·
I just saw this thread and I think its great! I too got tired of black too. I have so many holsters in black leather. Kydex too. I just purchased a Milt Sparks 1AT with matching mag pouch in Cordovan (I should have ordered a belt to match). All other leather holsters I get natural or oiled. FDE is my favorite for Kydex.

#48 ·
All black, All the time.

Black is stealthy and matches everything I wear and accessorize with. Black can be mixed and matched with ease, I’d clash wearing a brown holster with black magazine pouches.

I do wear khaki for my tact-vest in my urban/rural area. My rifle is FDE.

#53 ·
I know this about leather, but Black Guns Matter! I have two!

Seriously though, I had always had black holsters too. I just thought they'd blend in better with my black belts. As of recently though, I have two holsters in black and another in mahogany, all with matching mag pouches. I also bought a mahogany belt. :)

#59 ·
Unlike the OP, I have not been forced to wear black gear for years and years on end, so I still like it. I do, however, also enjoy natural tan, cordovan, etc. and think all of them (including black) look great with shark or elephant trim. For OWB, I stick to all black gear just in case it gets seen a bit. For IWB, doesn’t really matter as much and really the color/trim combo is mainly for my enjoyment. I generally like to keep the loops all black, though.

When it comes to guns, I tend to lean towards all black, so I am trying to remedy that. I know this thread is about leather, but I’ve currently got an Alchemy 9mm on order in full hard chrome to give something like that a try!

Here are some leather products I enjoy:

Very recently sold this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#61 ·
Thanks! There are a couple pictured that I no longer own. I've got a serious leather and 1911 addiction though, so what's pictured is sure to grow and fluctuate a bit over time.

The pics are simply from an iPhone, now an iPhone 11, which takes incredible pictures. Combine that with a bit of simple editing and boom! You've got yourself some decent photos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.