1911Forum banner

10mm SR1911

12K views 41 replies 32 participants last post by  100plusyears 
#1 ·
#35 ·
Just to add to the mix. I recently attended a Shooter's Roudup event at a local gun shop and got to try out a Ruger 10mm from the table of test guns. There were a number of manufacturers with test guns available to try. I had not really desired a 10mm but thought this was a good opportunity to try the new Ruger. I have a number of 45acp 1911's from Ruger and Springfield already. To keep the story short, I loved that thing! Recoil was no problem. Accuracy seemed right on (steel targets in an outdoor protected range). Trigger was superb and function over about 10 rounds was flawless. I hadn't thought I "needed" one before. I am in trouble now.

#39 ·
I got one on a sale a LGS had some time ago. It was $729 on the sale and I got a free Ruger shirt and some other Ruger branded stuff. (A third 10mm mag would have been nicer.)

Not bad to field strip when you use the little paperclip thing they give you, or you could make your own.

The grips are Houge of course.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.