1911Forum - View Single Post - Will a 22 cal really have any value?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxed2death View Post
Wow! I kinda thought you were kidding at first, but apparently not.

10,000 rounds means you have 10,000 rounds, not zero. I'm not a math genius (well, actually I might be), but you don't have to be to see THAT! If I have 10,000 rounds when it becomes unavailable in the store, it means I have 10,000 more rounds than the guy that has none and goes to the store to buy some once it is unavailable. That's sort of the idea here. It also means I have 10,000 rounds of PAID FOR ammo if the feds place a tax or other abusive levy on ammo to make it unaffordable. And if they try to confiscate it? Well, I have 10,000 rounds to dispute the notion.

Oh, and if 10,000 rounds bothers you, then you would find my inventory absolutely loathsome! Frankly, I usually see the "hoarder" accusation coming from people that just have sour grapes over their failure to have thought ahead and bought ammo when it was plentiful and cheap(er). One thing I won't do, and that's apologize for having more ammo than YOU think I should have!
Si senor!

Then there's the next door neighbor with only a few magazines worth of ammo, if any at all, and also electrical power is out but you have fuel and a generator.

Now your next door neighbor who thinks you're a whack job for being prepared is suddenly your new best friend!

Just like ever other 'thang in life, when the SHTF, there aren't really any friends.

As far as the SHTF, i wouldn't rathole .22LR, or even 9mm or .45, although it would be nice to have some.

I'd want a truck load of every thang 12 gauge bird shot to slugs.