1911Forum - View Single Post - Will a 22 cal really have any value?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 06:50 PM

Let's look at the reality of SHTF. We most likely will collaps due to our financial mismanagement and in all probability it will be slow and painfull You could use use the template of the USSR collapsed in the 90's, it broke up into local regions with groups banning together for protection and economic benefit. So I looked to a place closer to home, Detroit Michigan. This my frends is our vision to the future SHTF. It appears that Detrot is well on its way to flush all but the 7 mile zone that encircles the downtown, leaving all outside of the zone to fend for themselves (they currently have limited city services). Your wits and weapons are your assets that will keep you alive weather you are in groups or alone. Some of us are suited to be in groups others to be mountian men but in any case the more life skills you posess the greater your chances. As for the mythical weapon that I would take with me.....what ever I could get ammo for or whom ever I could take it from.

“All right, they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”
– Lewis B. Chesty Puller, USMC