1911Forum - View Single Post - Will a 22 cal really have any value?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wccountryboy View Post
Not really.

If ammunition it too expensive to buy for a period of time, and you have none, you don't shoot. If ammunition is too expensive to buy for a period of time, but you have a large stockpile, aquired at acceptable prices, you can continue to shoot... until such a time as prices drop or you make a determination that you're supply is too low for continued expenditures.

I probably shot more 5.56 and .45 in the year or so immediately after Sandyhook than I have in the last year. I had the ammunition and reloading components on hand in sufficient supply to do so. I haven't shot as much in the last year simply because my time has been spent elsewhere. I haven't stopped buying ammunition or components though.

I DID get caught somewhat short on my preferred .22LR ammunition, and severely curtailed my use of it. Its only in tbe last month that I've been able to find it again, and re stock.
Thanks, I thought is was rather self explanatory.

Shooting is a perishable skill that must be maintained through practice. That's why I maintain inventory both loaded and unloaded. I can't see the need for 10,000 rounds for self defense no matter how bad things got. But I do want to maintain my skill level when I can't get more.