1911Forum - View Single Post - Reality?
Thread: Reality?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketshaver View Post
No seriously, everyone has this purile fantasy that everything will keep running. You know, public utilities like natural gas, water, and even electricity.

No way to get coal to electric plants, ie no gas, means no power is made. If the operators were still alive in time to do a complete shutdown of nuclear reactors, you will NEVER get those reactors online and running again unless you can hook them up to a completely functional national power grid.

SO all your left with is hydro electric.... and If something happens to lines, say a simple storm, you wont get replacement parts once everything in inventory is used up. Wait, no gas for line trucks so no replacement parts are going to be needed.

No natural gas so your in home natural gas powered generator will be useless.
My house uses propane.

You are correct, there is some naivety out there.

I think there are even more that never even consider it. The .gov has turned US citizens, especially those in large urban areas into mindless victims. They are naive enough to think the .gov to take care of them.

I also think there are folks that are, as you say, a bit naive about how and when things may go. That they can survive in hinterland "Unaccosted"

The ones that really chap my butt are the ones that stand and puff their chest out and chastize others because they are not "Woke" to what will really happen as only they know it and how willing they are to share their doctrine with us, the uninformed. They have the exact scenario and know exactly how it will go...... I think they are just as misinformed.

I think the key to success is practicing before now and shaking out your kit before your life depends on it That means everything from learning to fight, with and without a firearm, how to reload, how to can peaches and planting peach trees so they are producing when the SHTF. Drinking water from your collection system and knowing if you are going to stay or flee and how you will do each task. Learning situational awareness to see a bad event before it unfolds, whether its a storm, a gun fight or a blight of Japanese beetles.