1911Forum - View Single Post - Dealing with Taurus customer service
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 09:41 PM
Administrator

The plot thickens...

I just got a call today from my LGS, telling me my two Taurus pistols were there. What the flying f***? I already picked them up four weeks ago! So I went there, and they had my two old pistols, having been fixed with new extractor springs. So there I was wondering if Taurus made some sort of blunder, but as these two were obviously my pistols I brought them home. So now I look at the repair receipts, and I see my name on the ones for my two pistols but not the other two (both pairs of receipts have the gun shop's name, but only one pair has my name as well). So did I previously pick up two guns belonging to somebody else??? Now I need to call the LGS tomorrow and ask them to do a head count of all the PT-111s they are supposed to have and also any they may have sent off for warranty service, either their own stock or another customer's. This might explain why I got two pistols that looked used. Maybe they are!
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.

Last edited by dsk; 06-26-2018 at 09:46 PM.